The Approaching Stanford Newsletter is sent to all incoming undergraduate first-year students every Monday beginning May 10. The newsletter, delivered only to your Stanford email account, provides campus information, critical updates, and necessary action items leading up to New Student Orientation. To ensure you don't miss a newsletter, use your SUNet ID to log into your Stanford email account at webmail.stanford.edu.
Below is an archive of all newsletters sent by Approaching Stanford after your matriculation as a first-year student. New transfer students will matriculate in June, at which point they will also be included in these weekly emails, unless otherwise noted.
- May 10, 2021 - Welcome, Class of 2025!
- May 17, 2021 - Required Forms and Special Frosh Programs (ITALIC, SLE, LSP, SSEA)
- May 24, 2021 - First-Year Housing Options, Ethnic Theme & Public Service Theme Housing, OC Office Hours
- June 1, 2021 - Forms Due June 4 at 12pm (PDT), Summer SOAR Program, Move-In & NSO Dates, Pre-Orientation Programs
- June 7, 2021 - Liberal Education, Language Placement Tests, OAE, and SPOT & SOAR Applications
- June 14, 2021 - Commencement Highlights, Vaden Health Requirements due July 23
- June 22, 2021 - Move-In Date Sign-Up, Pre-Orientation Programs, Summer SOAR, and Meet-Ups with the OCs!
- June 28, 2021 - COVID-19 Vaccination Giveaway, OC Meet-Ups, Food for Thought, Upcoming Deadlines
- July 6, 2021 - The Advising Corner, International Students, and more from the OCs!
- July 13, 2021 - Campus Communities, "I Am Stanford" Intros, and Transfer & AP/IB Test Credit
- July 20, 2021 - Vaden Health Requirements Due July 23, Placement Tests & Diagnostics, Student Finances, BEAM Career Education, and SEED Meet-Up Today!
- July 27, 2021 - Advising Intro Video, OCs & "I Am Stanford" posts, and Stanford in Tokyo
- August 2, 2021 - Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education: COLLEGE, ESF, ITALIC, SLE, PWR, IntroSems, Frosh 101, and Ways
- August 11, 2021 - Academic Advising and Course Planning, Ask an Advisor Q&A Board, and Academic Resources
- August 12, 2021 - Introducing the 2021 Three Books Program
- August 18, 2021 - University Core Values and Required Online Courses
- August 26, 2021 - Convocation Guest Tickets, Core Values Trainings, Three Books Chats, and Getting Started In...
- August 31, 2021 - Move-In Information & Parking Pass, and Life on The Farm
Parent / Guardian Summer Newsletters
Throughout the summer, the Approaching Stanford team will send the Approaching Stanford Newsletter for Parents/Guardians to those listed in your Approaching Stanford Forms. To add your parent/guardian to the mailing list after the Approaching Stanford Forms deadline, please send an email request with your parent/guardian's name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that this request must come from you, the student, not your parent/guardian.
Once the academic year begins, these parents/guardians will begin receiving the quarterly Stanford Parent and Guardian Newsletter. To add your parent/guardian to the mailing list after the academic year begins, please send an email request with your parent/guardian's name and contact information to email@example.com. Again, this request must come from you, the student, not your parent/guardian.