Parent / Guardian Newsletters
Throughout the summer, the Approaching Stanford team will send a monthly newsletter for parents and guardians of incoming frosh and transfer students. This newsletter is an introduction to the Stanford community and serves as a resource for offices and programs across campus.
The mailing list is comprised of the email addresses of family members for whom your student included on their Approaching Stanford Forms. If you do not receive the first newsletter in June (for frosh families) or July/August (for transfer families), you can be added to the mailing list by having your student contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: this request to be added must come from your student.
- June 24, 2022 - Welcome, Frosh Parents & Guardians [Frosh]
- August 22, 2022 - Academic Advising & Enrollment, Undergraduate Education [Frosh]
- August 22, 2022 - Welcome, Stanford Transfer Families! [Transfers]
- September 12, 2022 - Move-In Instructions, NSO Events for Families, & Convocation
- September 18, 2022 - Welcome from the Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Move-In Day, Convocation, and NSO Events for Families!
Once the academic year begins, all Approaching Stanford recipients will begin receiving the quarterly Stanford Parent and Guardian Newsletter sent by University Communications. If you would like to be added to this mailing list after the academic year begins, please have your student send an email request to email@example.com. Again, this request must come from your student.
Health Alerts Updates
In response to the evolving updates surrounding COVID-19, the University established the Health Alerts website as a resource for the Stanford community. While the Approaching Stanford team will communicate information that pertains to new students and COVID-19, we also strongly encourage you to review the Health Alerts resources, frequently asked questions, and to subscribe to email updates for the most thorough reporting. Questions about the University's response and strategy to COVID-19 can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.