Parent / Guardian Newsletters
Throughout the summer, the Approaching Stanford team will send an occasional newsletter for parents and guardians of incoming frosh and transfer students. This newsletter is an introduction to the Stanford community and serves as a resource for offices and programs across campus.
The mailing list is comprised of the parents/guardians with whom your student included on their Approaching Stanford Forms. If you do not receive the first newsletter in June (for frosh families) or July (for transfer families), you can be added to the mailing list by having your student contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: this request to be added must come from your student.
Once the academic year begins, all Approaching Stanford recipients will begin receiving the quarterly Stanford Parent and Guardian Newsletter sent by University Communications. If you would like to be added to this mailing list after the academic year begins, please have your student send an email request to email@example.com. Again, this request must come from your student.
- June 21, 2021 - Welcome, Frosh Parents & Guardians [Frosh]
- August 16, 2021 - Welcome, Transfer Parent & Families; Academic Advising & Enrollment, Move-In & NSO Convocation, Health Requirements [Transfers]
- August 16, 2021 - Academic Advising & Enrollment, IntroSems, Frosh 101, Move-In & NSO Convocation, Health Requirements [Frosh]
- August 20, 2021 - NSO Convocation Ceremony Ticket Ordering Deadline: September 3
- August: Campus Communities and Life on the Farm
- September: Moving to Stanford
Health Alerts Updates
In response to the evolving events and updates surrounding COVID-19, the University established the Health Alerts website as a resource for the Stanford community. While the Approaching Stanford team will be sure to communicate information that pertains to new students and COVID-19, we also strongly encourage you to review the Health Alerts resources, frequently asked questions, and to subscribe to email updates for the most thorough reporting. Questions about the University's response and strategy to COVID-19 can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.